If you have a website, you should consider which, if any, legal pages your site should contain. Legal pages for websites include things like:
- Refund policy
- Terms of service
- Shipping Policy
You can create your own legal pages, or create them from templates and customize them. The templates aren’t legal advice and need to be customized for your store.
You can use HTML in the content of your store policies.
Hipkart can generate templates, you’re responsible for following your published policies. Review your policies carefully before adding them.
To add Additional Shipping Notes you have to login to your Store admin panel, click on “Settings” from left side menu.
Left menu >> Settings
After clicking on setting link you will see a page then click on “Legal Pages” block.
Refund policies are the rules retail merchants establish to manage the process by which customers return or exchange unwanted or defective merchandise that they have purchased previously. Return policies are an extension of the customer service retailers provide; they tend to be fairly liberal as a consequence.
The primary purpose for Return and Refund Policies is the preservation of customer relationships – customer retention.
You can also use pre designed templates for Refund policy by clicking “Create from template” and customize them.
The definition of personal data includes names, addresses (physical or e-mail), IP addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, and financial information, such as debit or credit card details.
In addition to outlining how the company will use the information, it also includes how it will meet its legal obligations, and how those sharing their data can seek recourse should the company fail to meet those responsibilities.
- If you have customers or employees, you need to safeguard personal information.
- Laws do not usually establish Privacy Practices. Â Privacy Policies create Privacy Practices.
- Privacy Policies are often required by law or regulation.
- Your business faces privacy challenges which nobody else faces.
- Cloud Computing, Social Media, Goods and Services, Employer, and other activities pose unique challenges to handling personal information.
In this you will see a shortcode :
[[INSERT DESCRIPTIONS OF OTHER TYPES OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED]]
This is the place where you can provide information about order tracking if you have any additional tracking information.
[[INSERT ANY OTHER PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED]]
This placeholder to provide information about all Payment types you accept on your store.
[[INSERT ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU COLLECT: OFFLINE DATA, PURCHASED MARKETING DATA/LISTS]]
This placeholder is to Provide information about all kind of data if you collect.
[[INSERT OTHER USES OF ORDER INFORMATION]]
After receiving order how you use information provided in orders. Give the description in place of this placeholder.
[[INSERT OTHER USES OF DEVICE INFORMATION, INCLUDING: ADVERTISING/RETARGETING]]
How you use the user’s Device information provide at place of this placeholder. Information like advertising or retargeting.
[[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED]]
You can add the information about which services are being with your store which can have access of user’s data. Like Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics etc.
[[INSERT IF AGE RESTRICTION IS REQUIRED]]
If you are selling products or showing content on your store which may apply any kind of Age restriction provide that information here.
This is the place where you need to insert age for Age restriction
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Provide the name of Privacy Compliance Officer here.
Terms of service
Importance of Terms of service
- Defining user misuse and abuse. …
- Disclaiming warranties regarding certain functionality or outcomes. …
- Protecting IP against claims regarding infringement of other’s IP. …
- Protecting the ability to terminate any part of an online service or any user accounts. …
- Setting terms of a dispute.
A shipping policy is a concise document or webpage that outlines important information around shipping when an order is placed online. It often includes details on shipping costs and methods, delivery times, and more.
Some shipping policies are more detailed than others, but overall it should be clear, accurate, and easy to understand. Many times, additional informational like a returns and exchange policy is also included, creating a comprehensive resource for customers before they purchase.
Impotance of Shipping Policy
- Increased Work Efficiency. …
- A Healthy Crew leads to Smoother Ships. …
- Reduced Absence from the work. …
- Reduced Medical Treatment Cost. …
- Reduced Crew Management Cost. …
- Helps in Building Reputation. …
- Helps to Retain an Efficient crew. …
- Saving of Insurance and Legal Cost.